FM7 HLC #18 - Open till 2nd August 2018 Jul 19, 2018 23:38:27 GMT via mobile
Post by DOR Westmeister on Jul 19, 2018 23:38:27 GMT
The atros has a turbodiesel engine, so it is necessary to short shift it in order to get the most amount of power. After 2200 rpm the power sharply decreases, so it is best to tune the gears appropriately by extending them to keep in the power band for longer.
Also, the truck tends to one tyre fire (where it spins up a wheel at a much higher speed than the other causing the unsettling of the car) around on power, medium speed corners, such as the final corner. Either going into a higher gear will reduce the chance of this or appropriate diff tuning will reduce the chance.
Alternatively, you can use the one tyre fire to help turn the truck as it provides enormous amounts of grip to one of the corners at any given time.
• Track Choice: Road Atlanta Full
• Cars: Mercedes Atros Racing Truck
•Upgrades: Homologation Spec (stock) but with open tuning.
• Assists: Any are allowed
• August 2nd 2018 @ 12.00 p.m BST
• Your car must meet the requirements in the Information tab above.
• No Wall riding / corner cutting
• Dirty laps are enough in n. I allowed BUT Clean laps will always be higher position
• You must post up here with your laptime and gamertag once set a time
• Anyone is allowed to enter
• Laptimes must be posted between the start day of this thread and the deadline day above. (Previous LB times do not count)
How to verify your lap:
As soon as you are happy with your lap time pause the game so we can see your lap time and then say "Xbox/Hey Cortana Record That" to your TV. What this will do is record the last 30 seconds so we can see your laptime on the pause screen and also shows the Class you ran too. Then once recorded post up here with your gamertag so we can check it. Keep your clip until after the Final results have been posted.
Double tapping the Xbox Button, and either pressing X for a 30 second video capture or pressing Y for a screenshot will also work. Post your clip or screenshot below.
• Bragging rights - Can you become top dog?
Good luck everyone!